Thika West district profile
THIKA WEST DISTRICT
partner organization: HOPE COMMUNITY CENTRE (HCC)
Nancy Kamau (District Coordinator)
Juja, along Thika Road,300 metres from the Police station
P.O BOX 17209-00510, Nairobi
Phone: 0722-801098; 0734-589149
Geographical area: Juja Constituency
Major sectors of work: Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs)
Human Resources: 1 paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
Hope Community Centre was established towards the end of year 2003. Its main objective is to restore hope to these children by providing them with food, clothing, shelter, education and other facilities necessary for them to live normal lives. Its activities target the orphans and the most vulnerable groups in Thika District in general and Juja Constituency in particular.
Hope Community Center is committed to restoring hope to orphaned and the vulnerable children in the society by providing them with the basic needs namely food, shelter, clothing and education plus all the other necessary facilities to enable them have normal lives like other children with able parents.
Hope Community Center envisions above all, the communities to become solvent, self-reliant, self-supporting and self-governing by taking care of all their development affairs independently.
The Target Group
The centre’s main targets are the orphans and the most vulnerable children in the society.
The Target Area
The target area is Thika District in general and Juja Constituency in particular.
1. To restore hope to the hopeless children.
2. To provide shelter and boarding facilities to the destitute and vulnerable children.
3. To provide food and other nutritional needs to them.
4. To give foster/parental care to the orphans and other vulnerable children.
5. To offer pre-school, primary and secondary education to raise a generation that is educated and capable of taking challenges positively.
6. To offer guidance and counselling to the children associated with reject and abandonment.
The center is be involved in the following activities
1. Capacity building
3. Health issues
5. Para legal
7. Feeding programs
8. Home based care etc
Last Updated (Wednesday, 13 April 2011 13:45)