Teso South district profile
TESO SOUTH DISTRICT
partner organization: AKUKURANT DEVELOPMENT TRUST (ADT)
Chrisantus Okware Ekesa (Country Coordinator)
P.O Box 50-50413, Adungosi
Geographical area: Teso South district
Major sectors of work: Education and Micro-finance
Human Resources: 14 paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
A self reliant, organized and empowered community leading a life divorced from ignorance, disease and poverty.
To provide a platform for community organizations to share experiences and make analysis for practical solutions to address grass root development challenges.
To invest local and external resources to enhance the Trust’s educational and developmental agenda
• Promote the education of children and youths in schools and vocational institutions
• Mobilize funds for the community through the Micro-Finance Scheme
• Lend smallholder farmers, peasants and community business people with seed money.
• Provide civic education to the community on good utilization and management of natural resources.
• Enhance high standards of Community livelihood.
• Commitment, responsibility and accountability
• Honesty, integrity and trust
• Love, hope, patience and empathy
• Unity of purpose in diversity based on the principles of consultation, dedication and focus to the bigger picture
• Moral exploitation and management of the communities’ natural and other resources.
• Placement of children and youth in schools and vocational institutions
• Life skills education to youths
• Providing financial services (saving and credit facilities) to the communities for the last 11 years to promote agriculture and trade.
• Training and organizing the communities in modern agricultural practices since 1989, emphasising on good exploitation and management of natural resources, especially organic farming
• Livelihood activities (food security, health, shelter improvement, preservation of water sources
• Gender sensitization/mainstreaming to harmonize families
Last Updated (Wednesday, 13 April 2011 13:31)