Mbeere district profile
partner organization: PARTNERS IN ARTS AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT –KENYA (PCOD-KENYA)
Kenyatta highway, Mugo & Gatungo building, 1st floor, Suite No. 10, opposite town hall
P.O. Box 2154-00600, Embu
Phone: 0723-983145, 0721-955843, 0727-622099
District Coordinator: Alice Marika
Geographical area: Embu district
Major sectors of work: Research, Youth Health, Civic education, Youth employment & Arts, Culture and
Human Resources: No paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
Partners in Arts and Community Development- Kenya (PCOD-Kenya) is an organization of artists, researchers, social scientists and communication specialists active in the use of multidimensional channels of communication to promote socio-economic development. The organization was formed in December 2006 and is a youth led entity. The organization empowers youth in integrated thematical arts activities unleashing the youth potential from the grass root level by sustain ably utilizing the locally available resources. This is through identification, nurturing & mentoring youth and community talent and opportunities.
Vision: To resiliently mobilize and innovatively utilize resources and offer constituents focused sustainable development.
Mission: To provide leadership in innovative resources mobilization and utilization through effective partnership.
Motto: Live, work and earn together.
Objective: To achieve envisioned constituents development goals through integrated development projects
• We are a public service organization
• We practice and advocate for professionalism
• We believe people are most important resource and must be treated with respect, fairness and dignity
• Transparency and accountability
• Value creativity, innovation and team synergy
• Gender equality
• We are committed to excellence and result oriented
Institutions, schools and informal community education centres; government ministries, departments and agencies; president award Kenya; corporate bodies; FBOs; CBO s and NGOs; UN and donor agencies; youth groups.
- 28/11/2012 07:48 - Situational Analysis on Multigrade, Multi shift and Mobile school Approaches
- 25/04/2012 13:28 - GLOBAL ACTION WEEK 2012!
- 21/06/2011 09:22 - Seminar Series- Gender and HIV/AIDS Education in the Multicultural Context of Schools in Kakuma Refugee Camp and its Surrounding Host Community in Kenya
- 09/05/2011 14:35 - Educate More Girls Today for a Better Kenya
- 04/05/2011 06:58 - GLOBAL ACTION WEEK (GAW) - 2nd to 8th May 2011
Last Updated (Wednesday, 13 April 2011 12:20)