Trans Nzoia West District Profile
TRANS-NZOIA WEST DISTRICT
partner organization: IMPROVE FAMILIES HEALTH CONSORTIUM (IFACO)
James O. Omaria-Chief Executive Officer
Kitale town-Kitale Railways Ground, next to Matunda Bus Booking Offices/Mumia Highway.
P.O BOX 669-30200, Kitale
Phone: +254 726 835 142; +254 734 839 065
Trans-Nzoia West District coordinator: Anthony Odhiambo
Geographical area: Trans Nzoia East and West, Kwanza, Eldoret West and West Pokot Districts
Major sectors of work: Community health and education
Human Resources: 10 paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
IFACO is an umbrella Organization of ten active Salaams Clubs/Community Based Organizations. It was formed in 2006 as Community Based Organization with the name Imani FM (Radio) Fans Consortium-IFACO until 26th June 2011 when we changed it to Improve Families Health Consortium (IFACO) and registered it as a Non Governmental Organization.
Goals and objectives
1. To improve health standards of Community members.
2. To improve the Social-economic standards of the Community.
3. To promote talents among vulnerable/orphaned youths and Persons with Disabilities.
4. To enable the Community access VCT/HCT services and to offer referral services to other Health Issues.
5. To improve girl child and bright vulnerable youths in access quality education.
6. To offer sustainability in the families of the orphaned/vulnerable youths
and girl child accessing education.
§ HIV/AIDS Prevention, VCT and Referrals.
§ STIs/STDs Prevention and Referrals.
§ Teenage pregnancies and Family Planning.
§ Orphans & Vulnerable Children Empowerment.
§ Poverty eradications.
§ Talent Search and development.
§ Youth (Female & Male ) Empowerment through quality Education
Project uniqueness and innovativeness
- The use of Radio to mobilize and educate the community on the issues they are facing.
- The use of Salaams Clubs to reach many people/Communities in the Rural, Semi-rural and Urban Centres.
- The use of Edutainment like Music to Convey messages of the community.
- The use of networking and collaborations with the Organizations that have similar Objectives and Activities.
- The use of Peer Educators/Counsellors on the grassroots.
- The use of better research methods in finding information.
- Record keeping on CDs & DVDs for best practices (Documentation)
African Medical Research Foundation-AMREF
Maanisha (funds); National AIDS Control Council (NACC/TOWA) (funds); Imani FM Radio (Additional talk show program airtime). For more information visit our web site: www.ifaconetwork.org
Last Updated (Wednesday, 23 March 2011 14:15)