Trans Nzoia East District Profile
TRANS NZOIA EAST DISTRICT
partner organization: IMANI FM (RADIO) FANS CONSORTIUM- IFACO
James O. Omaria-Chief Executive Officer
Kitale town-Kitale Railways Ground, next to Matunda Bus Booking Offices/Mumia Highway.
P.O BOX 669-30200, Kitale
Phone: +254 726 835 142; +254 734 839 065
District coordinator: Samwel Waweru
Phone: +254 729 814 788/+254 736 180 806
Geographical area: Trans Nzoia East and West, Kwanza and West Pokot districts
Human Resources: 10 paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
IFACO is an umbrella Organization of seven active Salaams Clubs. It was formed in 2006.
Goals and objectives
1. To improve health standards of Community members.
2. To improve the Social-economic standards of the Community.
3. To promote talents among vulnerable/orphaned youths and persons with disabilities.
4. To enable the Community access VCT services and to offer referral services to other Health Issues.
5. To improve girl child and bright vulnerable youths in access quality education.
6. To offer sustainability in the families of the orphaned/vulnerable youths
and girl child accessing education.
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, VCT and Referrals.
- STIs/STDs Prevention and Referrals.
- Teenage pregnancies and Family Planning.
- Orphans & Vulnerable Children Empowerment.
- Poverty eradications.
- Talent Search and development.
- Youth (Female & Male ) Empowerment through quality Education
Project uniqueness and innovativeness
• The use of Radio to mobilize and educate the community on the issues they are facing.
• The use of Salaams Clubs to reach many people/Communities in the Rural, Semi-rural and Urban Centres.
• The use of Edutainment like Music to Convey messages of the community.
• The use of networking and collaborations with the organization that have similar Objectives and Activities.
• The use of Peer Educators on the grassroots.
• The use of better research methods in finding information like exchange programs and the use of Internet.
• Record keeping on CDs & DVDs for best practices (Documentation)
African Medical Research Foundation-AMREF Maanisha (funds); National Aids Control Council (NACC/TOWA)(funds); Imani FM Radio (Additional talk show program airtime).
Last Updated (Wednesday, 23 March 2011 14:05)