Butere District Profile
partner organization: MISSION FOR COMMUNITY INITIATIVE AND DEVELOPMENT (MICODE)
Sabatia, Bukolwe junction
P.O. Box 166-50106, Shianda, Butere Township
District coordinator: Ali Wechuli Wawire
Registered in 2005
Geographical area: Entire Butere district
Major sectors of work: HIV/Aids, food security and nutrition
Human Resources: No paid staff
Main sources of income: Donations and grants from national and international organisations
· Mobilize funds for the group
· Sensitize members on sources of funds and how to access them
· Carry out community based activities such as, tree planting in public institutions such as schools, hospitals, markets and polytechnic
· Sensitize members and the community at large on HIV/AIDS through seminars, guidance and counselling and testing (VCT)
* Sensitize the community on food security and nutrition.
Main ongoing activities
· Nursery tree planting
· HIV/AIDS seminars
· Seminars on how to access CDF, LATF, Youth Funds.
* Programmes on nutrition to vulnerable persons and orphans
· To enable youths be self reliant members of the society, through starting and managing projects
· To mobiles youths towards community development projects
· To enlighten youths on financial management
· To create awareness to the youths on the available financial resources and channels of accessing them.
· To enhance good leadership by producing practical leaders.
· To enhance literacy among the youths and community at large through formal and non-formal education
· To enlighten youths on the need to manage the environment sustainably through cleanliness and tree planting.
· To create awareness on HIV/AIDS among youths both in school and out of school.
. To mobilize youths towards achieving millennium goals of vision 2030
Last Updated (Wednesday, 13 April 2011 14:12)